The Travel Song


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Today's title is taken from a song that I am currently listening to by a group called Pilate. It seemed vaguely relevant what with it being about travelling, as I have finally submitted my application to the Nova Group to go teach English in Japan. Now I just have to wait and see if it is only Britain that refuses to employ me, or if there is some sort of global conspiracy going on here. I do begin to wonder if there is like some book somewhere and I am black-marked, so no one will dare employ me or they will suffer the wrath of the Witch of the Waste.

Witch of the Waste: What a tacky little hat shop. I've never seen such tacky little hats. Yet you are by far the tackiest thing here.

For those of you wondering what on earth that is from; it is from yet another animated film called Howl's Moving Castle, which I made reference to in my last post. I watched it this morning and it was also most excellent.

Other than me submitting my application, there is little of note to say. I am off to see Death Cab for Cutie on thursday with Ed, Tom and Rachael. A very good band, despite their emo affiliations. Still, it's no concern of mine if it appeals to the terminally mopey.

That aside, my plans for the week are few. I shall watch The Cat Returns and Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, inkeeping with the current theme I have going on at the moment. At some point I shall no doubt wander into town again; I walked in today purely to buy some chewing gum - I can't be without my gum. But I only bought two packs so I will likely need more before too long.

I'll just finish by saying: "On the famous Jersey shore, entertainment is so much more! Tiki Time!"


7 Responses to “The Travel Song”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Noticed how all the decent emo bands have had the decency to fuck off and die and we're left with the whiney detritus?

    I'm worried that you (a perpetual moaner) watching Death Cab For Cutie (a now perpetually moaning band) will result in some sort of monsterously moaning erm... thing.

    These two problems can be solved thus:
    Suicide bombing. For too long have the Japanese Imperial Navy, the Tamils and the Islamic Extremists had all the coverage, it's time to make like Arnold von Winkelried and take it back for Europe. You know what I'm saying?

  2. Blogger Lightning Jack 

    Should I turn into a perpetually moaning monster, I am going to come follow you around everywhere. It'll be like the Iron Giant - only the part of the small boy will be played by you and the part of the (previously silent) Iron Giant will be played by me, a perpetually moaning monster. Oh what adventures we will have.

    I'm afraid suicide bombing clashes with my belief that 'a man should never do the splits' - it's just not right.

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Follow me round? Not fucking likely! Sometimes I've been known to move over 500 meters in one go. Do you think I really believe you can exert that much effort?

  4. Blogger Lightning Jack 

    It'll just give me more to perpetually moan about. I will just leap onto your back like a koala bear rucksack so there will be no evading me. Then I will be in a perfect position to moan into your ear incessantly.

  5. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Nice site!
    [url=http://pyzdtdvj.com/fxef/bufk.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://jvrwzbcy.com/nbrk/vhdp.html]Cool site[/url]

  6. Anonymous Anonymous 
  7. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Nice site!
    http://pyzdtdvj.com/fxef/bufk.html | http://kuewgabj.com/zmxt/kqni.html

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 



Email Me