Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Some of you may recognise the title of this post as being a lyric from a song by the ageing rock group Styx called 'Mr Roboto' - if you do, then good for you, but it's totally irrelevant. I just liked the sound of it and it's Japanese connotations, as this leads me neatly onto my first point.

As I mentioned in my last post, yesterday was an interesting day and the same is true for today as well. Granted today hasn't actually finished yet, but as my plans for the rest of the day involve having lunch, watching the new episode of Lost and then just chillin like a villain for the rest of the day, I am sure that we can safely omit said activities from the proceedings.

Also, I have noticed that my last post was actually written today (March 3rd), but as you have probably noticed, it was written about the 2nd March. Anyway...

Why was yesterday of interest, I hear you ask. Well, firstly it would seem that I jumped the gun when I said that I had failed the Japan application. Yesterday I received a phone call from the Nova Group informing me that they had been trying to email me and offer me the opportunity to attend an interview, but for some reason the email wasn't going through. I gave them an alternate email address to send me the details and I am now due to attend an interview on wednesday 8th down in London. The logistics of attending the interview are a little tricky as I need to be there for 9am, so I am going to have to go down the day before and find somewhere to stay. Infact... BRAINWAVE! - Rami, expect an imminent phone call.

That evening I then went to Nottingham, as I had previously mentioned, to go see Death Cab for Cutie. The gig itself was pretty decent, although I was a little upset to find that performing next door, that same night, was a band whom I personally prefer called The Delays. Still, it doesn't really matter as I enjoyed the Death Cab gig. We were also able to explore quite a bit of Nottingham as we spent a large part of the evening wandering around lost. To his credit, Ed asked several people directions on the way back from the gig and was able to navigate us to the car. I'll be honest - Nottingham has lots of nice shops and trendy-looking clubs and bars, but it also seems like an utter hole. This image is confirmed by the fact that whenever you hear of any crimes going on in the midlands, it's almost always in Nottingham. The days of Robin Hood when crimes were charming and heroic stands against an unjust ruler are definitely past.

On a brief tangent, I have just noticed that The Delays have a new album out. This means that had I gone to see them I would've got to listen to a lot of their new stuff. I am displeased. I will have to find out when they are next playing in somewhere easily accessible to me.

Today has been interesting because I had an interview for a job. I met with a woman from a company called Success Matrix at 9am. Success Matrix is linked with Business Link, which some of you may have heard of. Their task is to supply graduates to local employers. They had rang me on wednesday to ask if I wanted to be put forward for a position that had opened up with a local company to be an accounts administrator. She gave me some information about the company and interview assistance etc, as well as signing me up for some of their free schemes that aim to help me get a job if I don't get the one I had the interview for today. She gave me a lift to the company and I had the interview at 11am, which I feel went reasonably well, but it's hard to tell with these things. I will find out how I did at the end of next week, which will also be after my Japan interview. It was kind of amusing, that whilst talking to the woman at Success Matrix, she said that after looking at my CV and having met me, she is totally bewildered as to how I have managed to remain unemployed all this time - I guess it's a gift.


7 Responses to “Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    This image is confirmed by the fact that whenever you hear of any crimes going on in the midlands, it's almost always in Nottingham.
    You're aware that Birmingham is in the midlands, right?

    Nice work with the assorted inteviews.

    By how much did you lie to the interviewer lady to get her into such a state of Bewilderment? :)

  2. Blogger Lightning Jack 

    Heh yeah good point - the midlands is full or crap places really.

    Ta - lol I was just being my usual charming self :)

  3. Blogger Ramaldo 

    My God, what's happening?! I feel like my world around me is crashing before my eyes!

    Andy getting job stuff done. When did all this happen?! Well done mate, I'd say I knew you could do it all along... but I'd be lying.

    U can come stay at mine any time you need to, especially if it's job related!

  4. Blogger Ramaldo 

    P.S. What the hell is that first post meant to be about?!

  5. Blogger Lightning Jack 

    Heh cheers bud - am gonna give you a ring tomorrow about it all.

    what first post?

  6. Anonymous Anonymous 

    The one that is blatantly spam.

  7. Blogger Lightning Jack 

    oh the comment thing - yeah, spam-tastic.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 



Email Me