Coco Jamboo


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Put me up, put me down
Put my feet back on the ground.
Put me up, feel my heart
and make me happy.

Ay-ya-ya-ya Coco Jamboo Ay-ya-ya-yai

I think that says it all really, but I guess I should probably elaborate on the events of the last few days. I know I haven't updated my blog much since starting my job and this has been for two main reasons: [1] As Rami claimed, finding time to write posts on here becomes harder when you have to do more than twiddle your thumbs all day; [2] What with working most of the time, I haven't really been up to much of interest - I wake up, go to work, come home, watch some TV, go to sleep, repeat. However, having little free time during the week does re-establish a sense of worth to the free time that weekends grants me. Last weekend being a fine example of this as I went to Kettering for the weekend to see some friends and have a BBQ.

I have flexi-hours at work, meaning that I can work longer hours at the start of the week and do less towards the end. So having already accumulated my 37 hours for the week I was able to leave work at 3pm last friday and begin my journey south. It began with a 30 minute walk home to get my bags and get changed and then a further 35 minute walk to the train station, during which I was rained on. I then got my first train, which was packed beyond belief. Fortunately I was able to get a seat after barging some children and old people out the way. However, my good fortune ended there. My first train, which should've been direct to Leicester, was stopped at Nottingham and I was forced to get another train. This second train was delayed for 40 minutes before eventually being cancelled, thus forcing me to find a third train to take me to Leicester. Thankfully when I got to Leicester it was easy going from there, what with trains departing every 30 minutes. Still, it's a pain that over all it took me almost 4 hours to do a journey that is 1.5 hours by car.

The weekend itself was great. On friday evening we went for a meal in a pub, then headed into town to go to the pub. We then headed back to Ed's house (where we were all staying) to watch Sky, play Dead Or Alive 4 on his Xbox 360 and begin the process of stinking out his house. On the saturday we went to Milton Keynes for the day, affectionately known as "Satan's Lay-by". On the journeys there and back we listened to a collection of choice hits from the 90s from such classic compilations as Fresh Hits 97 and Now (that's what I call music) 29. We looked in loads of shops and I saw many cool items of clothing that I wanted but can't afford at the moment. Then in the evening it was BBQ time. The weather had decided to be a pain and was raining through out, but it proved to not be a significant problem as Ed had a couple of Gazebos set up side by side, so everyone could sit and eat without being soaked. In typical 'Ed BBQ' style, Ed's "Kettering friends" sat at one table and the illustrious "Hull lot" (of which I consider myself one of their social super-luminaries) sat at the other table. It was like having a BBQ spanning the Israel/Palestine border - but with more pork.

It was a most excellent BBQ as the food was both very tasty and plentiful (just how I like it), guests included the lesser seen Rami and Ben (with his girlfriend - who got the unrivalled joy of meeting us for the first time), as well as the usual crowd of Tom, Ian, Chris and of course, the BBQ maestro, Ed. Entertainment (aside from the amazingly witty banter of course) included the Eurovision song contest being won by some Finnish Klingons and Chris managing to get whipped cream everywhere except in his mouth...

Cream moustache
On sunday, we left Kettering. Ben and Rami made their way back to their respective homes and the rest of us set off in Ed's car. Ed dropped me back off in Lincoln on their way back to Hull, then monday it was back to work.

In other news, I have put my Nintendo DS up for sale on Ebay. This is because the DS Lite is due for a European release on June 23rd and I intend to get one. All I have to do now is decide if I want a white DSL or a black one, which will be exclusive to Europe for the time being.

Last but not least, I am going to have to mention Big Brother. As many of you are no doubt aware, (what I believe is) the 7th series of Big Brother started recently. I have managed to get hooked very early on this year, as I am a big loser. Most of the candidates seem to complete idiots, as is par for the course. So far, my money would be on Pete (the guy with tourettes) to win. He is completely mad, but in a good way.


1 Responses to “Coco Jamboo”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Yeah, "whipped cream". Sure.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 



Email Me