We try, but we don't belong


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



As the Grand National has recently begun (that being the races and not the awesome band by the same name), I thought I would dispense some knowledge. Today's hot tip is Hot Chip. This band is most excellent and deserves a gander. Here is a link to their new video for their next single 'Boys from School' (where today's title came from; in case anyone was thinking I was being super emo). It should just stream in Windows Media Player - if it doesn't, then sort yourself out.

Anyway, that is neither here nor there. The last few days have been awash with failure. I can't really be bothered to go into details. Just lots of little things that have gone wrong, that all amount to me getting increasingly irritated. Also, I am in somewhat a state of disbelief as to how me getting a degree seems to have made me less suitable for jobs. When I was in 6th form I never had any problems getting a job if I needed one, but now I have become a graduate, I can't even get the most basic of jobs. If I get a job in a factory counting beans I will consider myself lucky at this point.

I heard back from the job I applied for with the local council. They informed me that I had been successful and offered me "congratulations" in my "success" and also informed me that I would now be placed on a waiting list and they would try and find me a placement within the next 6 months. Needless to say, I was ever so slightly less than amused. The amount of hassle and form filling and tests and assessments that I went through, to then be put on a waiting list and congratulated. It's things like that which send people mental. I had originally been informed that they were looking to fill 40 vacancies in their local office and that I also should've heard back from them a week sooner than I actually did.

Anyway, enough complaining for now. I'm pretty sure there were other, non-complaint, things that I was going to mention, but I can't remember what they are. Anyway, on monday I am just going to have to blanket bomb the whole of Lincoln with my CV. I am determined that someone is going to employ me. Oh and before anyone suggests that I cave and become a "Tesco till tart", I have already contacted all the local supermarkets. None of them have any vacancies, save for Sainsburys, who suggested I write in and state what sort of job I would like. Factory work, here I come...

Factory work can't be all that bad - look at all their happy smiling faces...


2 Responses to “We try, but we don't belong”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Factory work for teh win.

    Listen, you are excellent the way you move effortlessly from horsies to electronic pop. Can you not get a job that utilises these skills?

    r.e. "Awash with failure". Well... *hugs*

  2. Blogger Lightning Jack 

    Hmm horses and electronic pop - that just leaves me with Disc Jockey really.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 



Email Me