D-FENS


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Just a quick update - I had my interview yesterday morning to work in menswear of a large department store in town. I think it went pretty well. I was able to fabricate lots of excellent answers relating to my previous experiences in retail, which may or may not have actually happened. I always work on the basis that the things I am saying probably happened, so rather than lying I am in fact just giving a rough approximation of the truth. Once you've convinced yourself, convincing other people is easy. The only problem was that at the end of the interview, the interviewer asked why I wanted to work in menswear in a department store as I have all my GCSEs, A-Levels and an Honours degree; he pointed out that it was not a logical career progression. In fact it's not a progression of any kind. It seems I am always over-qualified and under-skilled. I guess it will be ironic if my degree actually prevents me from getting a job; it wouldn't be the first time that irony has sought to plague my life in a distinctly non-hilarious manner. To coin the phrase, "Fortune vomits on my eiderdown once more".

Other than that, I have recently sought out the help of a local recruitment company in Lincoln who actually seem quite good. They are a nationwide recruitment company who find temporary jobs for people in local County Council positions. I am being sent an application form, so fingers crossed that they will be able to help find me something decent in the immediate future.


3 Responses to “D-FENS”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I had a pal who worked/works in Supermarkets. He did some qualification in computers or something, but he never used to let on about any of his qualifications when he went for a new job at a different supermarket. He always got the job.

    Instead of lying just about past experiences, try lying about qualifications.

    Or you could go for the; "Yeah, I'm just waiting for my career in music to take off".

  2. Blogger Lightning Jack 

    A cunning plan - I like it. Basically, the moral of the story seems to be 'Lie'. No matter what, the truth must never escape from your lips - after all, loose lips sink ships.

  3. Blogger Ramaldo 

    Well... what you going to do? About the Japan thing. I need to know how the saga is going to end!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 



Email Me