Out with the old


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I guess I should first address the obvious. As you have undoubtedly noticed, I have redesigned my page. I've gone for a more minimalist look and generally just tried to make it look tidier. I've been meaning to change it for ages and was inspired to take action after making the Katakandy blog. Let me know if you think this change has been an improvement.

Anyway, onto today's events. This morning I had an interview for a job at a BT call centre. The whole process lasted about 2.5 hours and involved various tests, an interview and a lot of paperwork to be filled in. Well, the paperwork only needed filling in because I managed to get the job. This isn't quite as excellent as it sounds though, as even though I have now (at long last) secured employment; unfortunately the job doesn't start until June 12th. This poses a dilemma for me as it won't give me enough working time between then and August to earn the money I need. I therefore have 2 options open to me:

1) Try and find a temp job to fill the void between now and June. I am registering with another temp agency on monday, so it's a possibility.

2) Beg Nova Group to delay my trip until September. I really don't want to take this option though as I have already messed them around a bit and they've been good enough to give me this opportunity and put up with me, so I'd rather not annoy them any further.

I guess I will have to see how monday goes and think this all over very carefully. On the plus side, it is a beautiful day today. The temperature has been between 20ºC to 25ºC. Nice enough to justify wearing shorts out, which is the official indication of the start of the summer.

On that note, I shall leave you with the names of two fun, summery songs to check out which I have been enjoying recently:
- It's also worth checking out the video for the 'Boy Least Likely To' song.


3 Responses to “Out with the old”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Lovely new look, nice and summery to go with the introduction of your shorts! Can't award with full marks as it's not compliant HTML, not that you had anything to do with that probably!

    I think I'll be joining you in the job problems area now I'm starting to look :(

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Hehe glad you like it. Yeah, fraid I was lazy and just used a template so it fails miserably on W3C validation. Still, all I cared about was that it looked pretty and worked well enough.

    Yeah job hunting is hell - I hope you have better luck than I did. Will be interesting reading your posts about how it goes.

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Everytime a website fails W3C validation, a teardrop rolls down an old indians face, sitting in a tent in some land far away.

    nb: When I say 'old indian' I mean Sitting Bull, not Ghandi
    n.n.b: When I say 'Sitting Bull', I mean 'me'.
    n.n.n.b: When i says "tent in some land far away" I mean "Hull".

    x

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 



Email Me