He came from Rome


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I have no idea what that title means - it was the very first thing that popped into my head when I opened this page. Read into it what you will. Anyway, back to the 'saga' (thank you Rami) that is my life.

Ok, last friday I went to get registered with Total Recruitment. They seem to be a decent recruitment company, although the proof will be in the pudding. Still, fingers crossed that they will be able to find me something. I took typing and data entry tests with them as part of the registration process and scored excellently apparently.

Friday afternoon I then went to Horncastle College for a weekend course learning abut Japanese culture and language. It was taught by an English woman who has lived in Japan for 24 years. It was really interesting and I learnt quite a lot about Japanese culture. I have also discovered that learning the Japanese language is going to be incredibly difficult, which I guess I should have expected. The language itself is broken down into 4 parts, which I am going to have to try to learn. The four parts are:

- Hiragana: A phonetic way of writing, which has 46 symbols.
- Katakana: Another phonetic way of writing, which I believe also has 46 symbols and is used for words that stem from outside of Japan (like television and video etc, which are pronounced in a similar way, but written in Japanese phonetic symbols)
- Romanji: This is where the Japanese words have been written in English characters (e.g. when you see the names of Japanese actors in the credits of films)
- Kanji: This is the real killer. This is a logographic writing system (symbols that represent words and their pronunciation). There are more than 2000 of these.

Anyway, once I have become reasonably fluent in Japanese then hopefully I'll get headhunted by a big international Japanese company or something.

I also learnt during the course that Osaka (one of my preferred locations) is actually not that nice and is Yakuza territory - oh goody. I have since contacted the Nova Group and changed my preference from Osaka to Tokyo.

I came back from the course on sunday afternoon and been pretty much twiddling my thumbs since then. The next thing on my quest for a job is that I have an interview and tests tomorrow for a job at a BT call centre. It seemed promising over the phone, so assuming I ace the tests and interview, I may well get a job after all.

Oh and before I forget - the monthly review for April. I think I'll give April a 6/10. I can't really remember anything bad that happened, but I can remember a fair few good bits.

I think I'll leave you with some Bill Withers...

When I wake up in the morning
love
and the sun light hurts my eyes

And something without warning
love
bears heavy on my mind.

Then I look at you
and the world's alright with me

Just one look at you
and I know it's gonna be -

A lovely day


0 Responses to “He came from Rome”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 



Email Me