Then, now and the bits inbetween


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Thought I better post something as I haven't put anything on here for a while. Although I don't know how interesting it will be as I haven't really been up to much and as things have been going reasonably well for me recently I don't feel inclined to whinge about stuff on here. Anyway, here is what has been happening...

I'm still working for the local council. It has been quite enjoyable as the job is easy, it pays quite well for what it is and the people are nice. This coming week is my last one though, so hopefully TempLinc (the temping agency who secured me the job) will be able to find me a job starting the following monday (19th).

Other than working, I have been up to very little. A little while ago Louise came round to watch X-Men 3. I'll be honest - it wasn't as awesome a film as I had hoped it would be, but it wasn't terrible by any means. That aside I have just spent my time chilling like a villain, playing games, watching films and buying stuff on Ebay. I've mainly been playing Hitman: Bloodmoney, Farcry Evolutions and I recently bought Guild Wars: Factions, although I can't be bothered to play it at the moment. Soon to be my DS LiteI've also bought a load of crap to go with the DS Lite that I have pre-ordered. I bought a GBA Movie Player v2 along with a 1 GB SD Card and Card reader all off Ebay for distinctly reasonable prices. This device will allow me to watch films, listen to music etc on my DSL - basically giving it media functions akin to those of the PSP. I also managed to get a new copy of Metroid: Hunters for my DSL for just over £15 as well, which I was particularly pleased about as it's £25 on Amazon. I know this is all terribly boring, but I did say that I hadn't been up to much.

Next weekend I shall be doing something interesting however, as I am going to Hull to see Dylan Moran's new stand up tour 'Like, Totally!'. I shall be going to see it with Ed, Ian and Nick. I am really looking forward to it as Dylan Moran is excellent and I really enjoyed his 'Monster' show.

I have been enjoying the lovely warm weather recently, save for the fact that my hay-fever has sought to utterly destroy me. Not being able to breathe or see does tend to limit one's enjoyment of the summer. Annoyingly, there's not much I can do about it either, as my immune system seems to be great at rapidly adapting to antihistamines, but it fails miserably when it comes to grass pollen. At least I found something to whinge about I guess.

In a completely unprecedented move, I shall even make mention of a sporting event. I'm sure many of you saw England's match against Paraguay on saturday. England seem to be up to their usual tricks of having a strong first half and then completely falling down in the second half. I would like to hope that they will learn to stop doing this for the next match, but if they haven't learnt it over the last however many years, I see no reason why they will decide to remedy it over the next week.

The only other thing of note (a very small note - probably A minor), would be something ace that I have been listening to recently. I've recently started listening to ThePartyParty album by RX. I became aware of it from an old post on Ian's site and it is most excellent. Recommended for anyone who thinks George W. Bush has a lovely singing voice. Anyway, after this thoroughly dull post, I shall leave you with the other thing that I have got stuck in my head recently, no doubt after hearing Ian's haunting rendition of it...


0 Responses to “Then, now and the bits inbetween”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 



Email Me